Thanks to their Ricky cow family, Willem Booij and Wendie Ottens were already used to anything unusual. Nevertheless, with plenty of milk and a protein level of three-tenths above the barn average, Delta Lokke easily manages to attract the attention in the Double W Holsteins' barn.
- As from April, milking robot data will play a greater role in calculating breeding values. From April, the Animal Evaluation Unit of Cooperation CRV will use these data to estimate the breeding value milking speed and to calculate a new trait: udder balance. Even more breeding value news: from now on CRV will adjust the base annually.
- With the April proof run CRV introduces FeedExcel to make it easier for farmers to distinguish bulls with the highest feed efficiency scores. Bulls branded with this quality mark are guaranteed to sire highly productive daughters with extended longevity that efficiently convert feed into milk. Farmers that use FeedExcel bulls can expect to end up with a herd having better income/feed costs ratio and fewer emissions. The index run of April 2023 confirms the leading position in feed efficiency of bulls from CRV's breeding programs and all the bulls mentioned in this press release are FeedExcel.
- The index run of April 2023 underlines the reliability and extensive potential of CRV's Fleckvieh breeding program. Daughters of bulls that were already popular as InSire bulls, such as Majo, Westwind and Wüstensohn, are exceeding expectations. These bulls are proving themselves as all-round sires at the highest level. This is helping increase confidence in the new, young genomic bulls that are reinforcing CRV's Fleckvieh range across the board.
- Breeding for Feed Efficiency to ensure sustainable and profitable dairy farming
- CRV Members council approves new Supervisory Directors for CRV Holding BV.