A herd that converts feed efficiently into milk, fat and protein. All over the world, this is an essential condition to ensure the profitability of dairy farming, especially in times of high prices for milk and feed. CRV bulls enable you to breed cows that achieve high lifetime production efficiently and effortlessly, under all circumstances. The December index 2021 demonstrates this once again.
- Conformation plays a very important role in breeding. A cow's appearance and build are also indicators of its potential to achieve high lifetime production. Animals that score well for conformation traits often have a longer healthy and productive life. And, we all like animals that are pleasing to the eye! CRV herdbook classifiers assess and score heifers based on linear traits and linear composite indexes. The linear traits describe the individual traits, the linear composite index describes the general characteristics or combined traits.
- After lengthy preparations, last week the first 'methane sniffer' was installed in the milk robot at a Dutch farm. This sniffer establishes the methane concentration in the air exhaled by each cow at each milking session.
- For Manfred Lenz (56), farming is not just a job, it is a passion, and he is proud to carry on the family business. Frühlingshof Farm has been in his family since 1791. Full-time employee Lars Germer and trainee Tanja Kribs support Manfred Lenz in his work. His family help as often as they can, especially his 26-year-old daughter Elisabeth. After high school, she trained as a farmer and farm manager, and realised during this time just how much she enjoys working with cows.
- The United States is a leading centre of Holstein breeding. CRV operates its own breeding program there, which has resulted in a broad, internationally competitive offering of top-ranked TPI bulls. CRV's bulls are unique thanks to the exclusive breeding values for feed efficiency, CRV Health and CRV Efficiency.
- Genomic analysis of female Holstein is used for Precision Breeding. Female genomic testing is the next step in breeding efficient and profitable herds. Genomic breeding values haver higher reliabilities then pedigree indexes. HerdOptimizer Go helps farmers to rank animals and to formulate the best possible breeding goal. With data of the genetic potential of the herd farmers are able to make educated decisions on their breeding strategy (sexed, conventional, beef or embryo) to ensure they only breed with the best existing genetics.