CRV Health and CRV Efficiency
CRV Health and
The most efficient cows due to the world’s most extensive & complete data on Health & Efficiency
The balance between health and efficiency is what makes CRV’s breeding programme so unique. Healthy & efficient cows lead to a better life for farmers, their herds and their environment. After all, the healthier the cow, the more efficiently it will produce.
We have the most extensive & complete data on health & efficiency, and our unique and easy-to-use indexes help achieve this goal. Which is why we are a global leader in health and efficiency.
We support farmers in breeding healthy, problem-free herds with high longevity that efficiently convert feed into milk and contribute to reducing emissions. Our promise to dairy farmers:
Indexes CRV Health and CRV Efficiency
To help navigate the complex world of traits and breeding values to breed a healthy and efficient cow, CRV created all-in-one trait indexes: CRV Health and CRV Efficiency. Creating the perfect herd is about creating the perfect balance between health (= lower treatment costs) & efficiency (= lower input of required resources). Both indexes consist of 3 important building blocks. For CRV Health, these building blocks are fertility, hoof health and udder health. Important building blocks of CRV Efficiency are production, feed efficiency and longevity.
Go to the catalogue
We believe in proven improvement: leading in health & efficiency
We are driven by progress, and we want our farmers to notice improvement in their daily practice. Healthy and efficient cows not only make their work more enjoyable, they also benefit the environment and contribute to a higher income. Which is why we continuously focus on creating innovative products, services and breeding values.
Together with farmers all over the world, we work on producing healthy and efficient herds, an ambition to which we have been committed for years. Which is why we are the global leader in health and efficiency, an achievement we are proud of!
- We help farmers breed more efficient cows. CRV is the first and most innovative AI organisation in the world to collect real, individual feed intake data (of >2000 cows annually) which is then used to develop innovative products and breeding values.
- Cows on the farms of our customers and members have the highest lifetime production in the world with undoubtedly some of the highest percentages of fat and protein. The epitome of health and efficiency.
- We have collected more than 1.6 million units of data on hoof health. A strong and robust foundation that enables every farmer to breed cows with healthy hooves.
- Breeding for udder health is easy and effective. We have collected data from over 3 million cows to develop reliable breeding values and indexes at bull and cow level.
Sustainability is a priority
- Did you know that CRV is the first and only organisation worldwide to develop a methane index? So that cows can also contribute to a better environment.
- The Dairy Breeding Centre in Wirdum is the largest centre in Europe dedicated to the production of high quality embryos. This forms the nucleus of the next generation of healthier and more efficient cows.
- We want to contribute to healthier and more sustainable cows by utilising the latest technology or developing our own tools. For example, CRV was pioneering in the development of genomic selection. Nowadays, our large portfolio of reliable genomic sires is breeding the next generation of healthier, efficient and more sustainable cows.