Another influential cow produced by our breeding programme has added 100,000 kg of milk production to her achievements. The cow in question is the still very lively Weelder Esmonique 22 VG 88 (s. Planet) owned by the van de Kamp family in Putten. She is the grand dam of the breeding bulls Weelder Esperanto and Weelder Empire, both highly ranked and with semen available. These bulls have high scores for longevity, hoof health and other health traits. All of these are important factors that contribute to high production.
- With a total of 4 million records of feed intake a year, CRV is by far the world leader in breeding cows for Feed Efficiency.
- CRV can reflect on a satisfactory 2020 – 2021 financial year. It was a year in which the organisation implemented significant changes to prepare itself for the future. The last financial year noted an increase in the turnover of €1.4 million and a modest net profit was booked. This will be added to the equity capital of the cooperative.
- The continuous growth in demand for high quality food on a global scale puts Russia in a crucial position to help the world feed itself in a sustainable way.
- The 2020-2021 financial year presented a new cow who produced 100,000 kg of milk in Flanders in record time. It took Loli van het Zomerbloemhof just 1,933 days to smash the magic barrier of 100,000 kg of milk. This Goli daughter owned by Dries Lahousse and Veerle Lagache from Elverdinge started lactating in 2015. ‘She immediately progressed to 48 litres a day, and was the first heifer we have ever had to dry off with more than 40 litres of milk,’ says Dries Lahousse. ‘So, not only is she a super milk cow, she is also extremely persistent.’
- The bulls in CRV's Fleckvieh programme have claimed leading positions in the December 2021 index run. The genomic breeding values of many of these bulls are backed up by the performance of their first lactating daughters. Popular genomic bulls have held on to their ranking in the index with a number of promising, young bulls close at their heels. This serves to confirm CRV's strong position as the leader in health and efficiency in Fleckvieh breeding.