Steyn Bouma, inseminator at CRV, recently inseminated this financial year’s two millionth semen straw from a CRV bull, in the Netherlands/Flanders market. This insemination took place with semen from the bull Woody at the VOF Mulder farm in Nieuwolda, Groningen. Lammert Veenhuizen, managing director of CRV Netherlands/Flanders, was present at the festive event to congratulate the Mulder family and in doing so, symbolically thank all Dutch and Flemish farmers for the trust they have placed in CRV’s genetics.
- Breeding for Feed Efficiency to ensure sustainable and profitable dairy farming
- CRV Members council approves new Supervisory Directors for CRV Holding BV.
- They visit stock exchange listed dairy farms in China, grazing-based dairy farms in Chile and state-of-the-art farms in the Baltic States. The CRV area managers for the emerging markets serve a client base that extends practically all over the globe. They promote the message of health and efficiency to a huge variety of farms and different cultures. Let’s meet them.
- Conformation plays a very important role in breeding. A cow's appearance and build are also indicators of its potential to achieve high lifetime production. Animals that score well for conformation traits often have a longer healthy and productive life. And, we all like animals that are pleasing to the eye! CRV herdbook classifiers assess and score heifers based on linear traits and linear composite indexes. The linear traits describe the individual traits, the linear composite index describes the general characteristics or combined traits.
- The United States is a leading centre of Holstein breeding. CRV operates its own breeding program there, which has resulted in a broad, internationally competitive offering of top-ranked TPI bulls. CRV's bulls are unique thanks to the exclusive breeding values for feed efficiency, CRV Health and CRV Efficiency.
- CRV has already been an active player with its own branch in the United States for 12 years. And while CRV might be just a minor player in the major league of the world's largest breeding population, it is currently showing stronger growth than fellow AI organisations. The message of health and efficiency is apparently also gaining ground with American farmers.