CRV has already been an active player with its own branch in the United States for 12 years. And while CRV might be just a minor player in the major league of the world's largest breeding population, it is currently showing stronger growth than fellow AI organisations. The message of health and efficiency is apparently also gaining ground with American farmers.
- Stricter environmental standards, an increasing emphasis on animal welfare. In New Zealand too, cattle farming is facing close and critical scrutiny. CRV has responded with bulls that pass on a lower milk urea nitrogen content, with a growing offer of sexed semen and research into breeding climate friendly cows. Time for an introduction to our overseas branch.
- Bulls housed outdoors and an AI market that grew by more than 30% in a year. CRV's branch in Brazil operates in completely different conditions than in many other countries. So, it's high time to get acquainted!
- We proudly present our new website and online sire directory! This brand-new platform is now even more easy to use on mobile devices. Wherever you are, find the sire that suits your herd, view our innovative products and solutions and read interesting news and background articles with just one click.
- With professional breeding programmes in Germany and the Czech Republic and intensive cooperation with colleagues in Austria, CRV can profit from access to the upper segment of Fleckvieh bulls in the European population. CRV applies a progressive breeding strategy for milk and beef production, longevity, persistency and late maturity, fertility and udder health. This approach guarantees a leading position in health and efficiency for CRV's Fleckvieh genetic products.
- The Semen Processing Center and the International Logistics Center in Deventer, the Netherlands play a crucial role in the production process of CRV. Every year, 4 million straws are filled, inspected, registered, frozen and dispatched to dairy and beef farmers worldwide. After processing all straws are stored here for a quarantine period of at least 30 days.
- CRV’s facility for bulls in Harfsen has been extensively renovated. As Leo Schooltink, team leader of the bull facilities in Harfsen and Ambt Delden, explains ‘We have constructed a 5-star hotel for our bulls, and at the same time created a pleasant work environment for the team responsible for the animals’.